Sensopart has expanded its range of vision sensors with the VISOR® Solar in order to combat rising cost pressure in the production of solar cells. The compact sensor detects the position and any damage to wafers and cells. It allows robots to pick up and lay down wafers accurately. Wafers and solar cells with fine breakouts can be directly rejected during this step, before they can completely break up and damage other material.
The VISOR® Solar sensor operates accurately and reliably even in fast-cycle processes.
The VISOR® Solar sensor measures every wafer or cell and thus detects even minimal edge breakouts.
Highlights of VISOR® Solar Sensor
• Simple integration
• Precise position detection
• Detection of Edge defects
• Detection of holes
• Transport belts can be masked via software
• Short cycle time from 60 ms
• Reliable operation, even in daylight
• No backlight necessary
• Low space requirement: operating distance from 360 mm